Last updated: 16 May, 2023
All Covid entry requirements no longer apply in New Caledonia.
► Pre-departure test, test on arrival and the sworn statement are no longer required
► International boats, including cruise ships are allowed to enter the territory
Can I go to New Caledonia for a holiday?
Yes, both vaccinated and non-vaccinated travellers from New Zealand can travel to the territory without any Covid-19 formalities since 1st August 2022.
Our secret paradise is delighted to open its doors to you again!
How to be informed about entry protocols?
1. Consult the official information channels on a regular basis:
- This page
- New Caledonian Government website : www.gouv.nc
- Flights satus at Noumea La Tontouta airport: https://www.aeroports.cci.nc
- Classification of countries defined on health indicators: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr
- Visas, customs, passports: check our dedicated page HERE
Travelling to New Caledonia by air
Since 1st August 2022, all Covid-19 entry formalities are no longer applied in New Caledonia, regardless of the country of departure. Both vaccinated and non-vaccinated travellers are now allowed to enter the territory without any Covid requirements.
Travelling to New Caledonia by sea
International boats, including cruise ships, are now allowed to enter New Caledonia. Since 1st August 2022, previous Covid-19 entry formalities are also no longer applied to travellers coming by the sea. Cruise ships passengers please see this page for visa requirements.
Travellers arriving with their own ship may consult our New Caledonia's harbours page.
Health advice for travellers
Although Coronavirus travel requirements have been lifted, it is strongly recommended to:
Wear a mask on planes, at airports and in places visited by vulnerable people.
Symptomatic or positive traveller on arrival or during the stay:
It is highly recommended to adhere to health precautionary measures (wearing a mask, social distancing...) and avoid contact with vulnerable people.
I need a supervised Covid test to travel to another country
Where to get a supervised RAT test in New Caledonia
If travellers need to get a supervised RAT test, in accordance with the entry requirements of another country or travel requirements of airlines, the test can be done in many pharmacies -List of pharmacies HERE.
Here are some pharmacies you can find in Noumea, Mont-Dore, Bourail and at Tontouta:
- Pharmacie de l'Alma : 22 bis rue de l'Alma-André Ballande - Centre-Ville | Tel: 27 37 07 | No screening test on Sunday.
- Pharmacie Normale : 35 rue de l'Alma-André Ballande - Centre-Ville | Tel: 27 27 02 or 27 77 64 | No screening test on Sunday.
- Pharmacie Mutualiste de la Place : 31 rue Georges Clemenceau - Centre-Ville | Tel: 27 31 57 or 28 71 93 | No screening test on Sunday.
- Pharmacie Médisud : 147 Route de l'Anse Vata - Anse Vata | Tel: 26 16 91 | No screening test on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pharmacie de la Baie : 35 rue Jules Garnier – Baie des Citrons | Tel: 26 16 05 or 26 17 14 | No screening test on Sunday.
- Pharmacie Australe : 93 route de l'Anse Vata – Motor Pool | Tel: 25 45 48 | No screening test on Sunday.
- Pharmacie du Lagon : 10 Route du Port Despointes, Faubourg Despointes | Tel: 27 44 26 or 25 43 56 | No screening test on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pharmacie de l'Océan : 97 rue Gabriel Laroque - Ngéa | Tel: 28 81 28 | No screening test on Sunday.
- Pharmacie de Ouémo : 99 Rue Arnold Daly - Ouémo | Tel: 25 27 07 or 25 37 75 | No screening test on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pharmacie de la VDE : 224 rue Jacques Iékawé – 6e km | Tel: 43 03 35 | No screening test on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Pharmacie du PK7 : 302 rue Jacques Iékawé – 7e km | Tel: 41 91 19 or 41 58 25 | No screening test on Sunday.
- Pharmacie des 2 Baies : 568 avenue des Deux Baies - Pont des Français (Centre Commercial des 2 Baies – Korail) / Mont-Dore | Tel: 41 25 35 or 41 25 45 | No screening test on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pharmacie de Boulari : 95 Rue des Cocotiers -Boulari / Mont-Dore | Tel: 43 41 13 or 43 61 04 | No screening test on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pharmacie de Tontouta : 5 Lotissement Karenga RT1 – Tontouta | Tel: 35 18 98 or 35 19 98 | No screening test on Sunday.
- Pharmacie de Bourail: 196 rue Simone Dremon - Village Bourail | Tel: 44 11 33 or 44 23 03 | No screening test on Sunday.
Test fee: 2,850 XPF
Where to get a supervised RT-PCR test in New Caledonia
If travellers need to get a supervised RT-PCR test, in accordance with the entry requirements of another country or travel requirements of airlines, the test can be done at:
- Médipôle public hospital : 110 Boulevard Joseph Wamytan - Dumbéa sur Mer. Tel: 20 99 76. Open for screening test Monday to Friday from 8am to 12pm and from 1pm to 4pm.
- Alphabiologie Alma: 30 rue de l'Alma - Centre Ville NOUMEA. Tel: +687 28 46 85. Open for screening test Monday to Friday from 6am to 5pm and Saturday from 6.30am to 11am.
- Alphabiologie Sainte Marie: 4 rue Henri Schmidt - Vallée des Colons NOUMEA. Tel: +687 28 35 44. Open for screening test Monday to Friday from 8am to 10am and 3pm to 5pm, Saturday from 8am to 10.30am.
Test fee: 13,496 XPF
End of Covid pass (QR Code app) in New Caledonia
Since 28 March 2022, the Covid pass is no longer applied in New Caledonia.
It is no longer compulsory to wear a mask indoors and outdoors, except in health care facilities and facilities for the care of vulnerable people. However, it is highly recommended in doctors' surgeries, health, social and medico-social services and institutions.
To obtain a conversion of a foreign QR code into a New Caledonian Covid pass, please make your request on demarches.gouv.nc.
It is mandatory for foreign travellers outside the European Union.
European standard health infrastructure
As a French overseas territory, New Caledonia benefits from a health system and medical infrastructure that meet the highest international standards. The public hospitals in Noumea and Koné are very recent and are among the most modern facilities in France. All the medical staff working in the archipelago (doctors, nurses, surgeons, etc.) have French or European diplomas, guaranteeing safe and efficient care.